Last Updated December 10, 2017
2. Information We Collect. We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide our services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up to use the Website or on contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the Website or be able to access and use the Website at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Website through registration processes; communications with you; information downloads; service purchases; user support and surveys.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as the domain used to access the Website, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to the Website. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, what pages users’ access or visit, and average time spent on the Website. Business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
3. Information Use. We collect information for the following purposes:
a) Registration: In order to order our Services you must provide certain Personal Information to us such as your full name, address and email address. None of your account registration information will be shared with any other users of the Website.
c) Statistics: we also collect statistics about use of the Website. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available freely and used for any purpose by us.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website and/or the underlying services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website and/or the Website and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website users, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
6. Closing Your Account/Deletion of Personal Information. When you close your account, it is permanently deleted from the Website. Deleted accounts are removed from the Website immediately and your account and all information held within your account is no longer accessible by you. However, because we maintain information back-ups to ensure the safety of our users’ information, your information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to one month. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it. To delete your account, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your first and last name and email address associated with your Summary Scanner account. We will confirm your account deletion and your records will be removed from the system.
7. Requests for access to Personal Information. You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your personal information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavour to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner. We will make every reasonable effort to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your personal information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended personal information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
8. Security. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you. You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information for the Services to third parties or your password.
If you have any questions concerning the collection of this information, please contact email@example.com.